NHLI & NHDOE, in partnership with national education design lab 2Revolutions, are excited to announce a series of Innovation Studios across the state, which will highlight cutting edge learning environments that enable and foster personalization, competency-based progressions, demonstration of mastery, and learner voice, choice, and autonomy. We hope that these Innovation Studios will support deep connections with others and provide you with the chance to directly apply the learning within your specific context. At each school host site, participating educators will:
- Learn from and with their peers at innovation sites that are demonstrating integrated approaches to the vision we seek through observation and debrief;
- Take a deep dive into the host school’s instructional and assessment model and explore relevant opportunities for future collaborations; and
- Participate in a design session to help develop or deepen work at your school/in your district around topic-specific innovations.
Our inaugural studios will take place at the following locations:
- December 13th, 2016 @ 1:00-4:00pm: Parker-Varney Elementary School (Deeper Learning/Project-Based Learning)
- January 12th, 2017 @ 1:00-4:00pm: Pittsfield School District (Competency-Based Learning/Deeper Assessment)